Ever wondered what type of Samsung watch you have? Ever wondered where to find a charger that will work with your watch? Well here’s a run down, just for you!
There are three main lines of watches that Samsung produce. The “Samsung Galaxy Watch”, “Samsung Galaxy Watch Active” and then the “Samsung (Galaxy) Gear” series.
The “Samsung Galaxy Watch” has three variants (as of 29/07/2022):
- Samsung Galaxy Watch (Original)
- SM-R800 (46mm)
- SM-R805 (46mm/Cellular)
- SM-R810 (42mm)
- SM-R815 (42mm/Cellular)
Then there’s the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active series, which comes in two variants (As of 29/07/2022):
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
- SM-R820 (44mm)
- SM-R825 (44mm/Cellular)
- SM-R830 (40mm)
- SM-R835 (40mm/Cellular)
And finally, the Samsung (Galaxy) Gear, which were the earlier Samsung watches prior to the rebranding to “Samsung Galaxy Watch”
- Samsung Galaxy Gear
- Samsung Gear 2
- SM-R381 (Neo)
- Samsung Gear Live
- Samsung Gear S
- SM-R750 (Celullar)
- SM-R750A/B/D/P/T/V/W (Cellular)
- Samsung Gear S2
- SM-R720 (BT/Wi-Fi)
- SM-R730 (Cellular)
- SM-R732 (Classic; BT/Wi-Fi)
- Samsung Gear S3
- SM-R760 (Frontier; BT/Wi-Fi)
- SM-R765 (Frontier; Cellular)
- SM-R770 (Classic; BT/Wi-Fi)
- Samsung Gear Sport
- Samsung Gear Fit
- Samsung Gear Fit 2
- Samsung Gear Fit Pro
Checking your watch for the model number
You can check your model number via the Settings menu on your watch, simply:
- From the watch’s Home screen, you can navigate to and tap Settings. You can also swipe down the Home screen, and then tap the Settings icon on the Quick settings panel.
Note: On the S2 or Gear Fit2 Pro, the Settings icon is not available on the Quick settings panel.
- Depending on what kind of watch or fitness band you have, tap About watch, About device, or About band.
Note: On the S2 or Gear Fit2 Pro, you will need to tap Gear info and then tap About device.
The model number is the information you can use to identify your watch using the above information.